YOUR PRIVACY MATTERS
As a small business that powers our little family, we are so grateful for your patronage! We appreciate you and value your privacy, just as we value our own! We take all the necessary steps to ensure your right to privacy of your personal data.
Information We May Collect
In order to contact Fawn Lettering you must provide certain information, such as your email address, name, and any voluntarily provided information about your request or event.
In order to fulfill orders, you must provide Fawn Lettering with certain information (which, by providing such information, you are authorizing for said use), such as your name, email address, mailing address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (such as details for a custom sign or wedding order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide our services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to the success of our small business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons as required, and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery service companies (e.g. USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc.), payment processing/accounting services (Intuit), and administrative assistance services (including Zapier and Mail Chimp). We will share your personal information with these third parties, only to the extent absolutely necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If we were ever to sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
We choose to work with partners who will treat + store any client details, whether potential or actual, with the utmost care. Due to the nature of the messaging systems used on Squarespace, a copy of any messages sent to Fawn Lettering via this website may be received in our email@example.com email, powered by Google, a Privacy Shield certified server, simply to ensure the best possible level of service. Any information that you provide in such an interaction will not be shared outside of Fawn Lettering with anyone outside of the servers listed above, and will only be kept on record on the Google mail server, as long as required to meet tax + legal requirements, and to resolve any disputes, up to 4 years.
If you reside in the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These rights are described below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by requesting them from us using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons), we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, this company, Fawn Lettering, is the data controller of your personal information via any contact or transactions on the Squarespace platform. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may mail us at:
Post Office Box 35583, Los Angeles, CA 90035
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have, and we thank you for your support!
Owner, Letterer + Designer